Test of Faith Retires
2021 Horse of the Year Test of Faith has been retired to Kentuckiana Farms. After a racing career that can be described as nothing short of remarkable, the next stage brings excitement for more to come.
Trained by legendary trainer Brett Pelling and driven throughout her career by Hall of Famer David Miller, the daughter of Art Major-Cannae Cammie retires with career earnings of $2,416,011 and a world-record lifetime career mark of 1:47.0.
As only one of four 3-year-old filly pacers to earn the sport’s highest honor of Horse of the Year, joining Rainbow Blue, Bunny Lake and Fan Hanover, Test of Faith’s spectacular 3-Year-Old Horse of the Year campaign consisted of 14 wins and 2 seconds in 16 starts and earnings of $1,069,739. Regarded by many as the sport’s greatest modern-day female pacer, Test of Faith’s career accomplishments include:
• 2021 Dan Patch Horse of the Year
• 2021 Dan Patch Pacer of the Year
• 2021 Dan Patch 3-Year-Old Pacer of the Year
• 2022 Dan Patch Older Pacing Mare of the Year
• 2021 Breeders Crown Champion
• World Champion 4-Year-Old Pacing Mare (1:47.0M)
• 2021 & 2022 New York Sire Stakes Champion
• Finished 1st or 2nd in 42 of 45 starts at 2, 3 and 4.
• Race Records: 2YO-1:48.4; 3YO-1:48.3; 4YO-1:47.0
• Winner of 31 stakes races including the Breeders Crown at 3, NYSS Final at 2 and 3, Kentuckiana, Bluegrass and International, Garnsey, Courageous Lady, Matron, Roses are Red, Milton, Haughton, Cleopatra, and Allerage
• Multiple track record holder at 2, 3 and 4
Trainer Brett Pelling on Test of Faith: “Faith is a beautiful horse to know. Her gait and power were always exceptional, but her sheer presence in knowing whatever was thrown at her, it was going to work out, is what made her special. She was a gem on and off the track, and we are going to miss her in the barn.”
Driver David Miller on Test of Faith: “Faith was a champion from the first time I drove her at Hoosier Park as a two-year-old. She was just simply amazing and her will to win was unmatched. She was really a dream come true.”
Test of Faith’s owners Melvin Segal, Kentuckiana Racing, and Eddie Gran want to give special thanks for an incredible run to trainer Brett Pelling and his team, driver David Miller and breeder Fred Hertrich of All American Harnessbreds.